For this third episode in the My First Year Trading Full-Time series, I speak with Ryan Trost. At the time of recording, Ryan had recently crossed 12-months as a junior equities trader at SMB Capital in New York City…
Timestamps & Topics:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 02.15 – Trading TSLA during its parabolic move in February 2020.
- 09.20 – Ryan’s trajectory in life prior to pursing a trading career.
- 20.54 – Early trading experiences, and reasons for seeking out a prop firm.
- 31.50 – Questions asked during the firms’ recruitment interview.
- 33.30 – The structured learning process for new hires.
- 41.40 – Lessons learned from many months of consistent losses.
- 46.36 – Discovering your best plays as a new trader.
- 50.35 – An example setup from Ryan’s high-beta system (chart below).
- 53.05 – Psychology shouldn’t be underestimated in performance-based roles.
- 58.45 – Best and worst trading days, and calculated method for scaling risk.
- 1.10.50 – Areas where Ryan is trying to improve and get better.
Links & Resources: