All episodes of Chat With Traders x Quantopian mini-series are available here.
Machine learning is a hot topic right now, with a lot of people wondering how it could be used in finance and trading. Used naively, machine learning poses a great deal of risk. We’ll discuss why that’s the case and also some good ways to use it carefully.
Sponsored by DataCamp:
- Learning to code can be challenging, but with A-grade courses at your fingertips, things are a whole lot easier. Visit DataCamp.com, start today—sign up for free!
Topics of discussion:
- What is machine learning and how is it used in everyday life?
- Supervised vs unsupervised machine learning, and when to use each class.
- Does machine learning offer anything more than traditional statistics methods.
- Good (and not so good) uses of machine learning in trading and finance.
- The balance between simplicity and complexity.